What is Technical SEO?
Technical SEO is the practice of optimizing a website for search engines with the goal of improving the visibility and ranking of that site. Technical SEO includes on-page optimization, off-page optimization, and technical aspects such as site speed and structure. When it comes to technical SEO, there are a few key things to keep in mind:
- Keywords: Targeting the right keywords is essential for any SEO campaign, and technical SEO is no different. Make sure to do your research and target keywords relevant to your business, and have a good search volume.
- Site speed: A fast website is essential for both users and search engines. Slow sites can lead to a higher bounce rate, and if your site is too slow, Google may even penalize you.
- Site structure: A well-structured website makes it easier for search engines to crawl and index your content. This can also help improve your site’s speed.
- Technical aspects: There are many technical aspects that can affect your site’s ranking, such as your use of meta tags, title tags, and description tags.
- Link building: Quality links are a key ranking factor for any website. When it comes to technical SEO, link building can be a bit more difficult, but there are a few things you can do to improve your chances, such as guest blogging and creating quality content.
Technical SEO is a complex and ever-changing field, but by keeping these five things in mind, you can give your website the best chance of success.
How is Technical SEO different from Standard SEO?
The main difference between technical SEO and standard SEO is that technical SEO focuses on the website itself, while standard SEO focuses on the content of the website.
Technical SEO includes things like site speed and structured data while standard SEO includes keyword research and link building. Both are important for a successful SEO campaign, but if you’re looking to improve your website’s ranking, technical SEO should not be left unattended.